On Scene Commander
This program is designed for industry personnel who may be in charge of an incident site prior to and during emergency service response.
To provide the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of the person in charge at the scene of an incident.
- Secure and preserve the scene
- Conduct an incident assessment
- Record details of the incident site
- Gather information
- Establish command and control
- Ensure safety when responding to an incident
- Prepare and implement plans
- Manage the incident site and resources
- Respond to problems
- Manage the termination of an incident
The program is conducted as a combination of classroom presentations and practical activities designed to develop participants leadership, communication and decision making skills.
Participants will be assessed on their:
- Involvement in class activities
- Incident planning
- Command presence
- Decision making
Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a Certificate from EMCS.
EMCS recommends refresher training in these skills every two years. This is available as a one day program.