On Scene Commander
This program is designed for industry personnel who may be in charge of an incident site prior to and during emergency service response.
To provide the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out the role of the person in charge at the scene of an incident.
- Conduct an incident assessment
- Establish command and control
- Implement hazard control and safety tactics/policy
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of plans
- Manage the incident site and resources
- Manage the termination of an incident
The program is conducted as a combination of classroom presentations and practical activities designed to develop participants leadership, communication and decision making skills.
Participants will be assessed on their:
- Involvement in class activities
- Incident planning
- Command presence
- Decision making
- Post operational reporting
Participants who successfully complete the program will receive a Certificate from EMCS.
EMCS recommends refresher training in these skills every two years. This is available as a one day program.